Intrigued and up for an even bigger challenge? Or inspired but not available all summer? Keep reading for more ways to join our team.
Substitute staff members provide support to multiple camps in a geographic region throughout summer.
They fill in for absences lasting a day, a week, and sometimes longer, and are scheduled to work only when regular staff members are absent. The Substitute Lead Instructor and Team Leader roles are the perfect opportunity for those inspired by the idea of a Galileo summer, and who are open to or require a shorter summer commitment.
BAY AREA CAMPS
WHAT YOU’LL DO AT CAMP
- Role model flexibility and positivity as you collaborate with and support multiple camp locations.
- Master the Galileo Innovation Approach® and gain knowledge you’ll employ in both life and work, long after the camp season ends.
- Create a safe, fearless and engaging learning environment for all campers.
- Work alongside various Camp Directors to support and strengthen group management and instruction techniques of fellow camp staff.
- Provide support in whatever way most benefits the camp team and campers; anything from filling in for an absent staff member to lesson prep, office work, or camper management.
- Share the magic of camp with families while providing excellent customer service.
WHAT WE’LL DO TOGETHER
- Work hard. We can’t make the world a better place by sitting around.
- Days are long and full. And worth it.
- Play hard. It’s like ‘bring your inner child to work’ day. All summer long.
- Stretch ourselves, exhibiting silly-putty-like flexibility.
- Whatever it takes. Being a Galilean means doing whatever needs to be done, whenever it needs doing.
- Reflect on our experiences every day, becoming even better versions of our best selves.
- Build a life-long community of exceptional peers.
- Change the world.
READY TO WORK FOR GALILEO?