Our Big Why
Our world needs solution-oriented innovators like never before. We also think that kids who learn to explore and fail with courage—the essence of innovation—are happier, more creative and more confident when faced with life’s challenges. This is why we’re so committed to bringing these tools and skills to families and communities, with thousands of kids experiencing Galileo since 2002.
Galileo at a glance
- 125 mission-driven programs
- 67 Camp Galileo Locations
- 35 Galileo Summer Quest Locations
- 22 Counselor in Training locations
- 1 Summer Camps @ the Tech in San Jose
- We operate in 3 Major Metro Areas
- San Francisco Bay
- Southern California
- 225,000 campers served
Galileo has fostered years of collaborative partnerships, like those with the wonderful organizations listed below. Learn more about our partnerships and community presence.
- Boys & Girls Club
- Chan Zuckerberg Foundation
- Stanford School of Education
- Aim High
- The Tech Museum of Innovation
A Camp Like No Other
The heart of Galileo beats inside our passionate people who nurture and inspire campers every day. We seek out the best of the best through our meticulous screening process, and couldn’t be prouder of our talented, professional staff, so many of whom return each and every year.
Yes, we aim to change the world, but this is also summer camp; we create fun, we embrace fun, we learn through fun. In all honesty, sometimes things can get downright goofy (our mascot is a rubber chicken).
Our Mission in Action
MAKING A DIRECT IMPACT ON KIDS
- We’ve served over 225,000 campers since our start in 2002.
- As this Stanford study details, campers internalize the skills they learn at Galileo—collaboration, persistence, resilience—and apply them to other aspects of their lives.
- While campers experience some of these mindset-shifting benefits in as little as a week, we see the impact grow significantly over multiple weeks and summers at camp.
- Our commitment to access for low-income students shows: We hold 10% of camp spots for financial assistance recipients and have awarded over 26,000 scholarships to date.
LEADING A MOVEMENT
- Trained over 10,000 staff members in the Galileo Innovation Approach®, with support provided to educators to bring our methods back to their school year classrooms.
- Conducted hundreds of parent and educator workshops aimed at raising innovators and building creative confidence.
- Certified B Corporation®.
WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT US
- Industry-leading parent recommendation and camper retention rates.
- Award-winning camps: Consistently awarded “Best Camp” in the communities we serve.
- Excellent YELP rating: 82 Yelp listings/average rating of 4.5 stars.
- Awarded as as one of The Best Places to Work in the Bay Area for nine years.
- Named one of Forbes’ Best Small Companies In America in 2017.