Assistant Camp Directors work closely with their Camp Director to provide overall leadership for camp programs.
Inspiring leaders of staff, enthusiastic builders of positive and unforgettable camper programming, Assistant Camp Directors manage staff and lead many camp activities, often including the camp’s Extended Care program. Natural born leaders, initiative takers and characters of all kinds encouraged.
BAY AREA CAMPS
WHAT YOU’LL DO AT CAMP
- Organize and support programmatic elements of camp such as Extended Care and lunch activities with attention to detail, vision and flair.
- Mentor fellow staff, and work with your Camp Director to strengthen team and program management skills.
- Create a safe, fearless and engaging learning environment for all campers.
- Master the Galileo Innovation Approach® and gain knowledge you’ll employ in both life and work, long after the camp season ends.
- Share the magic of camp with families while providing excellent customer service.
WHAT WE’LL DO TOGETHER
- Work hard. We can’t make the world a better place by sitting around.
- Days are long and full. And worth it.
- Play hard. It’s like ‘bring your inner child to work’ day. All summer long.
- Stretch ourselves, exhibiting silly-putty-like flexibility.
- Whatever it takes. Being a Galilean means doing whatever needs to be done, whenever it needs doing.
- Reflect on our experiences every day, becoming even better versions of our best selves.
- Build a life-long community of exceptional peers.
- Change the world.
READY TO WORK FOR GALILEO?