We hear you: sometimes late-morning drop-offs and early-afternoon pick-ups just don’t mesh with full plates and busy schedules. Whether you’ve signed up for camp at Galileo already or are looking to fill in the last gaps in your kids’ summer schedules, we’ve got you covered.
Extended care at Galileo is more than just a childcare solution for busy parents: it’s a party. Action-packed, fun-filled, and chock-full of activity options that meet campers where they’re at, the extra coverage—8 am to 9 am, 3 pm to 6 pm, or both—means you can rest easy while your kids have a blast.
We know that every kid at summer camp has different interests and energy levels. That’s why we have three distinct activity zones to choose from, led by creative, enthusiastic, and empathetic staffers ready to meet campers wherever they are:
- Play Zone: Built for kids who still have plenty of energy to burn, serving up sports, active play and outdoor games.
- Chill Zone: A place to unwind and relax, with opportunities for quiet activities such as lanyard making and drawing
- Wildcard Zone: Offering tons of choice and autonomy, letting campers shape the games, group activities or individual projects they want to try
Maybe your kids wake up with so much energy that they’re bouncing off the walls. Maybe they’re more reserved and prefer to keep to themselves. Or maybe they’re somewhere in the middle. Worry not: we’ve got options for everyone.
For our high-energy campers, fun might be avoiding being “IT” while playing a friendly game of alien tag, kicking the soccer ball around, or playing air guitar to the tune of their favorite songs. For our more reserved campers, fun might be simply reading a book, drawing a picture, or chatting with new-found friends under a the shade of a big tree. Whatever our campers like to do, it’s important for us to give them plenty of options so that they can have their flavor of fun with whichever activity they choose.
We don’t just roll the balls out and leave the kids to fend for themselves (remember schoolyard recess)? Instead, our staff is focused on connecting with each individual camper. When families arrive at extended care, you might find our staff talking with campers about what they’re doing at camp, making sure they’re enjoying themselves, and always practicing situational awareness to evaluate how the activities are being received.
- The Pre-Party happens every morning from 8 am – 9 am
- The After Party happens every afternoon from 3 pm – 6 pm
- Book your spot when you enroll for camp or add Party time to your schedule by logging in to your account
- Get 30% off Party pricing when you enroll for two or more weeks of camp
- Questions? Give us a call at 800-854-3684
We recognize that all families have unique needs to fit into their schedule. Extended care at Galileo is a great opportunity for campers and families to get even more out of camp before 9 AM and after 3 PM. Our enthusiastic and talented staff are committed to making our campers’ experience during extended care just as much fun as the day camp schedule. To learn more about this program and discover camp locations in your area, click the button below.