Galileo at home
Bringing the Galileo fun to your home
During days filled with distance learning, kids are eager to use their brains and bodies in different ways. That’s where Galileo At Home comes in. Galileo At Home serves up hours of fun, enriching activities that build innovation skills and boost kids’ creative confidence—in your own (or your buddy’s) backyard—all while giving their grownups a much-deserved break.
Our Galileo staffer will bring the magic to you, whether it’s 2 of your own kids, a pod of 8 kids you’ve formed with other families, or anything in between! We’ve designed this to flex to your family’s needs. All you need to provide are the kids and a little outdoor space, and we’ll do the rest. You can choose the schedule that works best for you (3 hours a day, 3, 4 or 5 days a week, 2 weeks in a row), and an experienced, dedicated Galileo staffer will arrive to lead kids in collaborative games, hands-on activities and engaging projects focused on innovation (plus some homework help, if you like). It’s like a little slice of Galileo magic, designed just for your pod or your family, delivered right to your pad.
Camp Magic At Your Place
THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE (AT) HOME
At Home offers:
- Flexibility to fit your family’s needs; if you’re not sure if the schedules and program choices work for your family, call our team to let us know what you’re looking for.
- Peace of mind, structure and supervision of your kids to free you up, and supplement their school offerings.
- Ease. Let us find, vet, and train an excellent Galileo staffer and send them to you. We’ll take care of the boring stuff so you don’t have to (background checks and screening, insurance, payroll, taxes, etc.).
- Hands-on enrichment activities focused on innovation that compliment core curriculum and keep kids engaged in person.
- Strict safety standards to keep your kids healthy, including daily health screenings, frequent hand washing, consistent masking and more.
- Stable groups of 2 to 8 kids and 1 dedicated staffer. (Not sure if a learning pod fits your family’s needs? Check out our blog post on Learning Pods.)
- Joyful learning that supports social-emotional development, sparks creativity and teaches lasting innovation skills like persistence and problem-solving.
- Galileo magic brought by a trust-worthy Galileo staffer that brightens the distance-learning doldrums with interactive games, silly traditions and collaborative play.
At Home Info
For kids in Kindergarten - 5th grade
Description—A Galileo instructor will come to the home of the Host Family. Sessions at the Host location will take place entirely outdoors, except when weather/air quality does not allow it.
Location—Bay Area, Southern California and the Chicago Metro Area. See cities here. Don’t see your city? Call us and let us know you’re interested and we’ll look for a staffer who can come to your home.
Creating Your Pod—If multiple families are involved, the Host family will be responsible for the purchase and providing the designated space.
Days of the Week—3, 4 or 5 days per week. You decide what days of the week (M-F).
Rolling Start Dates—our team is ready to start when you are.
Times & Duration—3 hours per day. AM or PM available. During registration the host family will designate the desired window between 9am and 6pm in CA, and 11am to 6pm in IL.
Weekly Session Length—Each session is a 2-week duration with the option to enroll in additional sessions.
Program Overview—We’ll bring the supplies and lead 3 hours of Galileo-style programming and games including up to 1 hour/day of homework supervision.
Price—We’ve designed this to work for a range of schedules and group sizes, and to offer cost savings for more hours and more kids!
HOW WE’LL KEEP YOUR POD SAFE
- We will match you with a qualified and vetted Galileo staffer who will be working solely with your pod.
- Staff will be trained on all baseline safety protocols, including recommended use of face coverings, hand washing practices, and COVID19 symptoms as recommended by the CDC and local health authorities.
- Staff and campers & Host Family will complete a daily health screening prior to arriving at your home.
- Staff are required to wear masks at all times, except while eating and drinking.
- Your pod must consist of a stable group of the same children for the duration of the 2-week session.
For more details about health and safety, click here.
WHAT YOUR CHILD SHOULD BRING
If you request school work support, kids will need all materials to do so, including:
- A fully-charged device to access their homework materials and log-in information (so the staffer can support if the child is having trouble), if needed.
- If they will be listening to something or communicating online, please ensure they have headphones with them.
Your child will also need:
- A bag (for storing supplies and projects)
- A nut-free snack
- A full water bottle
- A face mask
- For the first day, they will also need 2 cardboard tubes (think toilet paper rolls, paper towel rolls).
Our registration system is currently being updated for the new year. If you would like to enroll in Galileo at Home sessions beginning in January or February, please fill out this form below to begin your enrollment!