Galileo takes your privacy seriously. Here are the nuts and bolts of what information changes hands when you visit our site or sign up for camp, what we do with that information and what else you can expect from us, privacy-wise.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We’ll collect your email address if you communicate with us via email, answer our online surveys or submit a form to our website. We collect aggregate information on what pages you view and any information you volunteer, including that provided during registration, in online surveys or through online forms.
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information to notify you about updates to our website and may contact you to share news, promotions, company updates, and hiring opportunities from Galileo or select marketing partners. If you order lunch, we will also share your contact information with our lunch provider(s), Choicelunch and/or Gourmet Gorilla, so they can contact you with instructions for picking out your camper’s meals. We will not sell your email address to third parties.
ADDITIONAL POLICIES REGARDING INFORMATION
- Before or at the time we collect personal information, we will identify our purpose in collecting it.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling the purposes we specify and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain your consent as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes we specify.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with your knowledge or consent.
- The personal information we use should be relevant to the purposes for which it is used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information readily available.
OTHER WEBSITES AND LINKS
Our website contains links to other websites. If you use any of these links, you will be leaving Galileo’s site and going to a new one. Protection of your privacy on these linked sites will be governed by those sites’ individual privacy policies. Galileo is not responsible for the privacy practices on these sites or the use of any information you provide to them.
PROTECTING MINORS’ PRIVACY
We do not collect or use information from children under the age of 13 without explicit consent from a parent or guardian.
When you visit our site, we may place a cookie on your computer to allow us to record information about your visit and provide access to information that requires online registration.
This policy may change over time. Your continued use of our site after changes are posted constitutes your agreement to those changes.
Please find our privacy notice for California residents at this link.
*Please note that under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), websites must provide parental notification and obtain parental consent before collecting personal information from children under the age of 13. For more information on COPPA and its regulation, please visit: https://www.ftc.gov/privacy-and-security/childrens-privacy