Educators: Welcome to Camp Galileo Anywhere
Free High-Quality, Easy-To-Use Projects to Engage Your Students in New Ways
With Camp Galileo Anywhere, educators can leverage Galileo-style learning bundled with supportive resources like printable schedules, follow-up questions and more. We encourage you to use each week’s activities to supplement your curriculum or build on our ideas to inspire new activities.
DON’T HAVE A STOCKED CLASSROOM OR CRAFTING STATION?
We’ll do our best to highlight everyday household materials. And remember, being an innovator and using the GIA means leaning into courage, trying new things, redesigning when needed, and celebrating marvelous mistakes along the way.
Tips for Educator Use
Check out the weekly Camp galileo anywhere schedule
The Camp Galileo Anywhere weekly schedule includes project and active challenges differentiated by age group (K – 2nd grade or 3rd – 5th grade) all centered around elements of the Galileo Innovator’s Mindset like Be Determined or Be Collaborative.
Leverage what works for you
There are many ways to use Camp Galileo Anywhere activities with your students. Here are some ideas:
Select and assign a specific activity to individual students or your class.
- Make sure the materials list feels accessible for your students.
- Have students watch the activity video (you can embed the YouTube video into a slide deck or watch it together online).
- Review the activity steps together to check for understanding.
- Give students time to work independently to create the project/do the activity.
- Use the “guiding questions” and “more ideas” sections to provide support as needed.
- Ask students to answer the “wrap up questions” or review these questions in online discussion.
- Have students share their work with you and each other according to the sharing prompts provided.
Invite your students to select at least one activity to add design, engineering or active content to their distance learning schedule. Have them share their work with you according to the sharing prompts provided.
Join and reflect with the CGA community. Have you got other ideas for how to use Camp Galileo Anywhere with your students? Email them to email@example.com, and we’ll be thrilled to add your ideas to this list!
Subscribe for ongoing content
We offer a week’s worth of free activities on our website. To access our growing archive of past activities and receive an email with our new weekly content, subscribe to Camp Galileo Anywhere.
SHARE WITH COLLEAGUES & FAMILIES
The last step in the Galileo Innovator’s Process is SHARE. Post project photos, and invite colleagues and families to join the CG Anywhere Facebook community!